2.9.14

LABOR DAY// LUNCH BY THE BEACH


Hey everyone I hope you all had fun this Labor Day! The count down has now begun for the end of our summer now that it's September. I've decided to try to take it easy these next few days, and prepare myself to get back into the routine of the school year. Today my friend Kaycie and I decided to take one last trip down to the beach for the summer.



Obviously since it was Labor Day the entire beach was filled with people, but we were lucky enough to find a secluded area of the beach where there were only a few other people as opposed the the main beach where you could see more towels than sand.


A lot of you are going to hate me for saying this, but this is the second time I've been to the beach all summer. I didn't even get in the water today either so I'm not sure if this even counts, and if we are talking about how many times I've been in the water this summer it was once (on the first day of summer). I feel guilty because living in California minutes from the beach is what some people could only dream about. Personally I'm not huge fan of the beach, but I do enjoy the are around it because it's filled with tons of art galleries, cafes, and boutiques.

In the midst of our final days of summer we decided the occasion was special enough to take a trip down to my favorite cafe (Zinc Cafe) for lunch. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE coffee lover, and this place has the best iced lattes that I have ever tried (trust me I have tried a lot of lattes). The sandwiches there are also amazing, and they are all vegetarian.


(photos by Kaycie Luna)

After lunch we walked down the street to get some gelato, and the line was literally out the door. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the place, which is sad considering it's my favorite place to get gelato. It was really hot today so by time we got a chance to take picture it began to melt, but it tasted amazing all the same. On the right is hazelnut flavored and on the left is italian vanilla. It was a great way to end one of our final days of freedom.


Wearing

Top// 1. State

Shorts// Nordstrom B.P.

Shoes// Vans

Backpack// Jansport

No comments:

Post a Comment