23.1.14

RUNWAY// CHANEL SS/14












(photos via style.com)

I apologize for this post being a few days late after the show. My schedule has been very backed up lately, and by that I mean I have been spending way too much time procrastinating. Anyways we are not here to talk about me, and why would we when have Chanel SS/14 to talk about? I have fallen in love with every part of this collection on the runway from the theme, to the hair and makeup, to the color palette. As you can see, my favorite looks were posted above.

The first thing that will catch your attention is the theme of the show, which is something I would imagine if a couple of extraterrestrials had crash landed on a new ice planet. The theme was further enhanced by the futuristic hair styles on the models, such as the slicked back buns or the fanned out buns. Intense winged eyeliner with silver glitter lined on their lower lash line was the perfect touch to tie the overall look together.

My absolute favorite part of this collection were the sneakers by Massaro that were worn with each look. This is a trend that I  have been seeing being worn lately. Pairing a casual sneaker with a dressy outfit creates a beautiful contrast that fascinates me. Although these sneakers are not exactly something I would consider tangible considering each pair crafted together by lace, pearls, python, and tweed and has a price range of around 3000, I will settle for just being able to look and not touch.




No comments:

Post a Comment