3.7.14

ALL BLACK IN THE SUMMER// GOLDEN HOUR


(photos by Kaycie Luna)

Once again I apologize for the lack of posts lately (you know the usual excuse: school), but I finally have some free time to update more. Also, if you have any suggestions of posts you would like to see please let me know.


 For today's post I decided to to make it an outfit of the day because 1. I haven't posted one in a really long time 2. I looked cute and I wanted an excuse to take pictures . Lately I've been loving this pair of black, flowy shorts that purchased from Nordstrom, and they turned out to be the perfect item for me this summer. Yes, I know what you're thinking: who wears all black in the summer? And the answer is me because not even the heat of summer can keep me away from my love for dark colors. Also, I don't know if Californian summer heat actually counts for anything compared to other places. 

Although black isn't the best color to wear in the summer, thanks to science and the fact that black is one of the best absorbers of heat, the light weight and loose fit of the shorts counteracts that dilemma. These are also a life saver for someone like me who isn't the biggest fan of denim shorts. I often find that denim shorts feel too stiff and stick to my legs, and I know no one else is a fan of that feeling either.


For the top I decided to pair the shorts with a tank top that I also purchased from Nordstrom. Although it appears to be your standard black tank top at your first look, when you look closer you can see it's double layering at the bottom and interesting cut out on the top. Lately I have taken into appreciation the smaller details in clothes because they add a lot to the look without you noticing. So start paying attention to the smaller details and see what I mean.


Wearing

Top// Topshop

Shorts// Nordstrom (BP)

Shoes// Vans


No comments:

Post a Comment