6.8.14

TREND OF THE SUMMER// WHITE ON WHITE






(Photos shot by Kaycie Luna)

Personally, finding the perfect outfit in the summer can be difficult. Like most people my age I often fall into the rut of repeatedly wearing the same outfit, or variations of it, multiple times a week. Since I'm out of school I most likely won't see the same people everyday so no one would ever know, but that is no excuse to waste the perfect opportunity to experiment with new looks. For this OOTD I decided to try this season's trend of wearing all white.

Although I will always be inclined to wear darker colors I decided to change things up, and in the process I discovered a newfound love for white. White is classic and seasonless, yet I feel like it does not receive the recognition it deserves. People often drift towards the colorful patterns and bright colors of this season, and don't realize they can achieve the same impact with white. The art of white can be tricky at times due to the fact that it can easily appear too plain, but this can be avoided by wearing pieces with an interesting structure or texture.


Another obsession I discovered this season are joggers. Joggers are the perfect solution for those days when one doesn't feel like wearing shorts, or for when one wants to look put together without trying too hard. Because of their lightweight material they prevent the feeling of suffocation that occurs while wearing pants in the heat of summer. The versatility of joggers allows for them to be dressed up or dressed down, and can be paired with virtually any type of shoe. For this look I decided to pair them with sneakers, but they would look equally as great if paired with sandals, wedges, or even certain platform shoes.

Wearing

Top// Topshop

Joggers// Topshop

Shoes// Vans

Necklace// Tiffany & Co.

Cuff// Henry Bendel

No comments:

Post a Comment