8.9.14

MATCHING THE WEATHER// GRAY MONDAY

Hey friends! I'm sorry I haven't updated for the past few days. It's been pretty hectic at school, and I've had a test everyday so far. I will try to keep this blog updated as much as I can, but there will be times when I will just be unable to post as much as I like. Today I didn't do much, but I decided to post an outfit of the day since I particularly liked what I was wearing.

I know this outfit is similar to the one I wore for the first day of school, but it's so hard trying to find an outfit for the weather we've been having out here in California. This morning it was gloomy, humid, and it even started to rain a few minutes after I arrived to school all while staying around 80 degrees (which is hot for California, and yes I know that sounds like nothing).



In a way my outfit went along with the same color palette of the sky, which isn't a surprise because you all know I am primarily a huge fan of shades of dark colors rather than the brighter ones. I've been building my wardrobe (as you can see to the right) out of essential, basic pieces that could be easily be mixed and matched together without repeating the same outfit. It's also more affordable to buy a handful of basic items rather than blowing all your money on an extravagant piece.



Of course I had to pair it with my Dr. Martens because they add a lot of character to any look. I also decided to also add on my favorite silver cuff to had a little extra shine to everything. I've been obsessed with wearing simplistic outfits because I feel like it can say a lot about me and who I am through adding the slightest details. 

Wearing

Top// Urban Outfitters

Jeans// Citizens of Humanity

Backpack// French Connection

Boots// Dr. Martens

Cuff// Henry Bendel

No comments:

Post a Comment